Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sunbeams = Sunlight

Well I wasn't planning an entry for today but I just had to document my gratitude for a happy day. Jeff and I have been the Sunbeams teachers in our church for about 7 months. Although it is a calling with its challenges and you sometimes don't feel like you fit in, it is also a wonderful one! I feel so blessed to get to soak in these special little spirits. Their innocence and precious, little smiles are enough to melt anyone's hearts. I love watching their concentration as they are listening or learning something new, and watching their eyes light up when they see you. It truly makes my day! I don't take the time to appreciate it to this extent every week. Sometimes I just think of how tired I am and how I don't know if we're making a difference at all. Sometimes I wonder if it even matters if we are there or not because I'm not sure they are hearing anything I say. But then I get a hug from one of them or they beg to sit on my lap during Sharing Time or they tell me that they love me...and it makes it all worth it.

Another thing that makes it special is the opportunity of watching my husband teach these little ones. My love for him grows every time because I see him let down his guard and I watch their little spirits go to work on his heart. I can't help but feel my heart grow on those days. He doesnt think he is good at this calling but I think he's perfect. He always brings special props and experiments to teach his lessons and those kids eat it up. I am so thankful that if only for today, I was able to sit back and bask in the glory of these perfect little beings. They, and Jeff, brought such a peace to my day. We have such a wise Heavenly Father that thought to send these angels to earth so innocent and fresh so that we fall in love with them from the very beginning. I know it has worked on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment