Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful Fathers in my life!



I am so thankful for the men in my life and for all the things they do for me. The 2 most important are, of course, my own Dad and the Father of my children.

I will start with my own Father. The I have always considered myself being close to my Dad. That feeling has only continued and become even deeper since my Mom passed away. I consider my Dad not only my Dad but also one of my best friends. He has helped me overcome things in the past several years that no one else could help me with. He has spent late nights talking with me, researching things with me, and wiping away my tears during bad times. I can't think about my Dad without tears coming to my eyes because he has shown my what it feels like to be loved unconditionally. I have certainly not been the perfect daughter and have brought my share of stress to his life. But he continues to understand me, not judge me, and love me anyway. He has helped me to understand that I am truly a daughter of God and that I am stronger than I think I am. I am so grateful to him for helping me to believe in myself, for always believing in me, and loving me no matter what. I am also forever grateful for the Priesthood that he holds and the role it has played in my family and my life. I have always felt His protection through my Father. Thanks for all you do, Dad!


Then there is my Father-in-law. I am glad that I have been around for the last 20 years to watch this man grow. Because Jeff is the oldest, we have got to watch his parents raise their younger children. It has been fun to see him grow as a Father and be an example to us in many ways. He has taught his children to work hard. He has taught them the joy they can find in that work. He has been a great example of service and church work over the last several years. And most importantly, he has taught me to love your children through good times, and even more so, through bad. It has been fun to see him grow, in his love for his children and his love for his church. I am so proud of his efforts and his quiet example of love and parenting. Thanks, Ted!


And last but of course, not least, there is Jeff, the Father of my children. It has been so rewarding for me to watch Jeff grow as a Father over the years. Nothing can melt my heart faster than watching him with one of our newborn babies. Jeff loves the cute sounds and fun things that newborns and toddlers do. I always enjoyed watching the sparkle in his eye when he saw them. It was especially neat to see him with a daughter. Although he said he never wanted girls (because he was petrified of them), that all changed the second, and I mean literally "the second" Madelyn was born. She had him wrapped around her little finger from that moment and still does to this day. She softened him and filled him with warmth. I am so happy for the joy he has found in Fatherhood and for the efforts he makes. I know that the role of a Dad is so important and vital in a family and am so proud of the good things he does for his kids. I love you, honey!

No comments:

Post a Comment