Monday, June 14, 2010

Summer Fun

I love summer and am SO looking forward to it this year!! The older I get, the more I realize how fast time goes by and especially, how children grow up into teenagers or even worse, they leave the nest. So I want to make sure I take advantage of every moment I have with these kids while they are still young enough to want to be with me. Sadly, I think that could already be fading but they are such good sports to humor me and make me feel like they still enjoy our time together.

I have already witnessed the fading of memories that I never thought I'd forget. I have also watched my children move out of stages that I thought would last forever. I realized that one of my favorite memories with my children was simply watching them swim in a $10 blow-up pool in the backyard or run through the sprinklers. That used to bring such giggles and laughter that it couldn't help but make my days a little brighter and bring a smile to my face. But now, I think my kids have outgrown this and find it a little boring. That's why we have to soak in these moments while we have them and I hope that by recording them here, I can savor each memory with more vivid detail before they fade too far in the past.

Some things I am especially looking forward to (if it every stops raining and being freezing cold, that is):

Staying up late watching movies as a family (especially "Andy's" - we LOVE the Andy Griffith Show at our house, so many wonderful learning lessons), sleeping in, Grilling, dinners outside enjoying the sound of the waterfall, Otter Pops, Ice Cream, Watermelon, Fresh Fruits & Veggies-Yum!, trips to the park, walks, Corn-on-the-Cob (another favorite), de-junking kids' rooms and getting organized, sleeping on the tramp (if we don't get eaten alive by mosquitoes, swimming, and so much more. What a wonderful time of the year to reconnect with family, goals, and enjoy a little reprieve from all the work throughout the year.

So here's to summer and memories yet to be made - Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment