Monday, May 24, 2010

"Singin' in the Rain"

It's hard to tell in this picture but it is pouring rain outside. And my kids decided it was a good time to go and jump on the trampoline! It was so cold that I thought they would be right back in, but nope- they were out there a good 20 minutes, at least.
I was trying to capture how bad it was raining but it is hard to tell in these pictures.

But for those of us in the west, this was a pretty good rainstorm.
And as you can tell, it brought smiles that made Mom's night. I have always loved an occasional
rainstorm. I love the sounds it makes and the smells it brings. I especially love it when I am in the hot tub or snuggled in my warm bed, just listening. But these smiles made those things pale in comparison. It is so fun watching my kids be kids - spontaneous, crazy, getting-along type of fun. Nothing better to lighten a mother's heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment