Monday, May 31, 2010

Movin' Out

What is wrong with this picture? The bed is made!!!
Anyone that knows my Josh knows that this doesn't not happen regularly, without alot of persuasion and reminding. Normally, I would love to go downstairs and find his bed made. But this time, it meant that he was leaving. This has left me with so many mixed emotions. He has moved out a couple of times before - once after graduation and once for a mission. But this time feels different, feels permanent. The other times, I always felt he would be back. I felt there would be other times to talk with him, to teach him, to make up for all the things I had failed to do as a Mother. But last week (Saturday), he moved in with my Grandma and my brother, who also lives there. At his age, he will more than likely not be back here to live. He is starting his own life. Separate, in a way, from mine. This small truth makes me so sad. I know this is all part of the "big plan" and I am happy that he is moving on but sad that I feel we are entering a new era. This era is hard for mothers, probably fun for their boys.
It's the moment where you have to give them wings...and hope they know how to fly.
The moment that all you are left with is prayer.
I heard the perfect poem that sums up exactly how I am feeling lately.
It is called "Do You Know Who You Are?"
Do you know who you are little child of mine, so precious and dear to me
Do you know you're a part of a great design as vast as eternity?
Can you think for a moment how much depends on you holding the iron rod?
Your life is a glory, worlds without end, do you know you're a Child of God?
Do you know where you've been little child of mine, it's hard to recall I know
Do you ever remember that place divine and a Father who loves you so?
Do you sometimes recall how he took your hand and placed it within my own?
Saying here is a child from angel land, not a gift but a precious loan
Do you know where you're going child of mine, are your eyes on the road ahead?
Do the spires of His castle gleam and shine as the sun glows of golden red
Are you taking enough for your journey, dear; does your lamp cast a steady glow?
Can you hold to the course when the storm gets rough?
You'll make it my child I know, you'll make it my child I know.
This is my prayer for each of my children, now and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment