Friday, May 7, 2010

"Knight" of Excellence

I am so proud of this kid! This week, he and I went to an award ceremony at his school celebrating his academic achievemnt for this year (8th grade.) Although he considered it more of a punishment than a reward, I made him go and participate in the ceremony. I am just SURE that one day, he will look back and thank me for this wonderful opportunity. Okay, so it was at least 2000 degrees in the Gym and about 100 more people than there were chairs, and we really couldn't see since we were on the umpteenth row back, but I know he will remember it. Maybe I shouldn't have made him go but he has worked hard to get there and I wanted to make sure he felt recognized (whether he wanted it or not :). Plus, we got ice cream at Dairy Queen after so hopefully that made it worth it.

Jake puts his best into everything he does, everything. He always works so hard and I'm glad that he can see it pays off. So like it or not, I am paying tribute to his excellence. It brings me such peace of mind to know how responsible he is and that I don't have to worry whether or not he will complete an assignment. It is truly a Mother's dream. I am so lucky to be this kid's Mom and appreciate all that he does. Always do your best, Jake, and keep up the good work!

No comments:

Post a Comment