Thursday, May 6, 2010

Sick days

Although I hate seeing any of my children suffer, I must admit that I love "sick days." As a working mom, I sometimes feel like I miss out on opportunities to nurture my children and be there with them during the day. Sick days give me the opportunity to do just that. My Maddy has been SO sick this week with strep throat, to the point that I was in tears worrying about her high fever and her little personality being so lethargic. She was just not herself. But now that she is feeling better, I look back with fond memories of 2 days spent snuggling, watching videos, tickling her back (which is her favorite!), sleeping with her, and just loving the sickness away. I know that serving others makes you love them more and I was reminded of that again this week. Whether they are 2 or 20 (or 9), I love being able to "mother" my children. Although I hate to see them sick, it is nice when they are in a humble spirit and appreciate your every move. (Because we all know that doesn't happen very often :) For me, it brings such a sense of satisfication. I am so thankful to have these small, magical moments in my life. Moments that slow me down and remind me of what really brings me happiness. How thankful I am for the simple things in life! Sometimes the small things in life are those that bring the greatest peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment