Sunday, February 28, 2010

Driving Miss Daisy






Or Missy Daisy Driving? Since when did my "baby" start driving the 4-wheeler? This is strange to see for several reasons: 1- she is not supposed to drive, 2- they are not wearing their helmet(much to Mom's dismay), 3- Maddy is a total "girly" girl. She loves anything that sparkles, glitters, or shines; anything that is sweet, fluffy, cute, or has pretty colors. She is all about cupcakes and ice cream cones right now (as reflected in her art work.) In fact, she just started her own blog , calling herself Sugar Daisy. She is truly "sugar & spice, and everything nice." So to see her with this big of a smile on a 4-wheeler (dirty, loud, stinky fumes, etc.) surprises me, even more than the fact that she's driving. She is growing up!

It's amazing to me how I can see the changes of life in our family through a 4-wheeler. We started buying 4-wheelers about 7 years ago because after buying one, just to plow the driveway, Josh fell in love with them. So we thought with 2 boys (and a Dad that loves anything with a motor) that it would be a fun family activity to spend time together. Now, I can look back over the years through pictures and see the stages of my children's growth. First- Josh driving with Jake on back, then Jake graduating to be a driver, and now by girly-girl, Maddy, at the wheel. How time flies! Life motors on. I am so blessed to be the mother of these amazing kids!

To me, this has been a perfect Friday afternoon. I snuck (is that a word?) home from work a bit early, it's 50 degrees outside, and I walk in the door to find my 14-year old doing his homework. Did I mention it was Friday? I can't tell you the peace that brings to this Mom! I never have to worry about this particular child getting his homework done and consequently, he always gets awesome grades. I am so proud of him and the choices he is making. He really brings stability to my life - Jake is unwavering in his resolution to do his best. It has been so fun to watch him this year as he continues to work hard, read his scriptures daily, and constantly try to do the right things. For this reason, I know he will be successful and hope he feels the benefits of his hard work.

Like I said, between this, seeing the two 4-wheeling buddies enjoying some time together, and knowing that my oldest son is working hard to serve the Lord on his mission, I am feeling like one lucky Mom. Today, I am enjoying every moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment