Monday, February 22, 2010

One word

I was given an great idea-instead of overwhelming yourself with numerous goals to follow throughout the year, decide on a single word that describes what you would like to focus on for that year. in my constant quest to do more, be better, accomplish goals, and yet simply my life, this was the perfect solution for me. i will, no doubt, still have specific items i want to accomplish along with lists to help me do that but for now, i will focus on a yearly "theme."

The word i have chosen for 2010 is PROACTIVE. So many things have led me to this word but particulary, a women's conference that i went to that made me realize even more, that i want to be the best mother and best person that i can be! So much of my life to this point has been been "putting out fires" and just "getting by." I have decided i want more. I don't want to wait until i have more time to do the things i want to do and be the person i want to be. The time is now. With my crazy life - working full-time, chasing (and driving) 3 kids around (well 2 now), church work, family time, piano lessons, ballet, football, soccer, dentist appointments, helping at school, etc., i realize that this will take planning on my part. i don't want to wait until the fires are burning. I want to be proactive, not reactive, so that life does not pass me by. I want to have time to actually enjoy the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment