Friday, February 4, 2011

Become - Time Out For Women (TOFW)

As you know, this is my word for 2011... BECOME. This was inspired by the upcoming theme for the 2011 Time Out For Women, a women's conference presented by Deseret Book. Needless to say, when I read this theme, it just stuck with me and I knew it was the word I was looking for to work on for this year. Because of this, I have SO been looking forward to attending this with my sister.



Sadly, our plans were kind of squashed when I found out that my nephew, Nicholas, was getting baptized on the day that I had already paid to attend. I was so disappointed! But we decided to still catch the Friday night session and it was well worth it! President Hinckley's daughter, Virginia Pearce, spoke about Mothers and how we can all have several people in our lives that "mother" us and how we can "mother" other people. She even had Eliza Snow come as a special speaker (actor, of course) - she was amazing! Sister Pearce talked how she was one of her heroes that she had come to know and love in the last year as she studied her.



The music titled "Reflections of Motherhood" was performed by Macy Robinson and was also fabulous! It just reminded me that although we all have trials, we are so blessed to be women - both daughters of Heavenly Father and Mothers! It made me feel better to realize that even though my life has not gone according to my plan, it can still be wonderful, just as Macy described.

I'm just so thankful to have these wonderful conferences and speakers to uplift me, motivate me to be better, and bring me a little closer to Christ. I have had such a passion for them over the past couple of years as a drink in the wonderful spirit that these occasions offer me. I just can't seem to get enough. And I'm especially grateful that I have my sweet sister to go with. We have so much fun! We both miss Mom dearly but I'm just so grateful that Michelle and I can still share so many laughs and soak in the Spirit together as we try to improve our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment