Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Maddy's 5th Grade Science Fair

This is Maddy's 5th Grade Science Fair project: "What Kind of Popcorn Pops the Best?" I often complain about these types of projects because I swear they are just as much work for the parents (if not more) than they are for the children. I still remember working on Josh's science fair project years ago and it was ALOT of work! (Luckily, he was chosen to go the the District Science Fair for that project on batteries.)
On top of that, Maddy had put it off until the last couple of days...
...so I was pleasantly surprised when I actually enjoyed working on this with her. It was fun to see her excitement grow as we got closer to completing the projecting, figuring the results, and planning out the presentation. (Plus, we got to eat alot of popcorn, for days to come) She really had great ideas and is starting to become so independent. She had a vision in mind and did a great job pulling it off.
It reminds me that we should always take advantage of these moments with our children, no matter how difficult or time-consuming they may be. Because in just a minute...they will be gone and only a memory.

I am so proud of Maddy for her hard work on this. Great job, honey! Looking forward to next year's project.

Side note: In 5th grade, they are not eligible to go to the District Science Fair. Otherwise, I am positive that Maddy's would have been chosen. :) Who wouldn't love that awesome piece of work, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment