Sunday, October 10, 2010

"Red Hot" Chili Peppers

Since it is the last soccer game of the season, I thought I better get some pictures of Maddy in action on the soccer field. I've been horrible this year in taking pictures and video at both soccer and football. I just hate it because I feel like I miss the game while filming because I'm concentrating on getting the perfect shot, which I never get. Also, whenever I think about filming, I get there and realize that the video camera isn't charged or the batteries are dead in the camera. Regardless, as you will see below, I was lucky enough to get some great shots of her game today. I will try and be better next Spring. Although soccer is Maddy's least favorite of her extracurricular activities, she has enjoyed a good year. She loves her coach Mike Jensen and has here good friends, Megan, Emma, and McCall on her team. I have been proud of her for sticking out the year even on weeks where she didn't really want to. It has been fun watching her improve little by little each year. The first year it was all about the color of shirts which luckily, were pink! The next couple of years, she loved that you got a drink and a treat after each game because you don't get that at dance. And then the most recent years, it's been all about the friends. Even though Lindsee and Olivia moved to a comp team this year, Maddy has continued to play and enjoy being with her other friends. We will stay tuned to see what she decides after the Spring session is over. But for now, we're proud of you, Sis!

No comments:

Post a Comment