Friday, August 20, 2010

Hogle Zoo

Well we wanted to squeeze the last minutes of summer out and thought that going to the zoo would be a great way to do it. And this is the reason why - to see this cute new baby elephant, Zuri. Maddy had gone earlier in the week with her friend, Olivia, and was so excited for us to see her. She actually just turned a year old.

Not quite as cute.. okay, even downright scary looking. But very unique.

Also very unique.. a red panda. Interestingly, Maddy had just got a stuffed one of these in West Yellowstone. She (and I) thought it was a fox but found out it was one of these. I had never seen one before.
And of course we had to take a picture of this because Maddy has been crazy about turtles over the last couple of years. This one was pretty cool.
It was a great day! Other than Josh having to work and Maddy getting pooped on by a bat, it couldn't have been nicer. I kept thinking to myself how grateful I was that our kids will still do things like this with us. I actually think they even enjoy it. I don't ever want that to go away. Memories are wonderful but nothing like savoring every moment you have together. I continue to remind myself of that so I find more enjoyment in the "doing" than in the "getting it done." On the way home, we stopped at Tony Burgers for lunch, before football practice.
Summer is officially over...

No comments:

Post a Comment