Monday, August 23, 2010

1st Day of School 2010

I can't believe that summer is over and it is time to go back to school. As always, I feel robbed. Some Moms love it when their kids go back to school but for me, it's a struggle every year. I always want to squeeze in a little more time with them, do a little more. This year, with all the rain in June, it made it seem even shorter than usual. But time marches on and I have to give them up again each day to go become smarter than they already are. :) It just amazes me how quickly the years are seeping one into another.
9th GRADE I LOVE this picture of Jake! I can't believe how handsome he is! He looks awesome with his braces (at least top braces) off. It's hard to believe that he's the same kid that used to be little just a couple of years ago. It's amazing how fast their childhood sneaks by. I have learned this with Josh so I am trying to treasure every moment with these 2. I know it will be gone in a flash.

And this is Jake making fun of me because I told him I wanted his new shoes in the picture. I love this one because it is totally Jake's personality shining through.
These are his famous "Zig Tecs." They are pricy enough that I made Jake pay for part of them. He says it's totally worth it because they are the most comfortable pair of shoes he's ever had.

5th GRADE...Already!
Look at that smile! I just can't get enough of it. When I'm having a bad day, this smile (and a hug) always picks me up.
As you can see, Maddy got layers for back to school. I think they are so flattering on her face. But I think she is beautiful no matter how she wears her hair.
She loves this shirt! She saw it in a magazine and just had to have it. I know how wonderful it feels to wear something you feel good in. I hope it makes her first day back at school a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment