Thursday, August 12, 2010

Apron Strings

This is the Apron Strings group- aren't they the cutest girls ever?? Starting with Maddy and going clockwise: Maddy, Lindsee, Olivia, and Megan. They are such a great group of girls, each with totally different personalities that add so much to this group.

It is a group my friend, Sheri, thought up last year. She thought it would be fun to start our own 4H-like group. So each week during the summer, these girls go to one of the four houses and make something. They have got to do so many fun things - like baking bread, making earrings, tulle skirts, headbands, pillows, tie-dye shirts, and lots of fun! I am surrounded by so many talented women and am so thankful for that.
This was the first activity at our house this year. They are making the cutest tulle flip-flops.
It is fun to see how they turn out, each pair a little different.
And here are the finished products... So fun and easy! You know me, I've got to keep it simple.
I always feel so inferior to the other mothers because I don't feel like I am a very creative person. But I think these turned out cute and I know the girls had fun, so that's all that mattered.
Doing things like this make all the time and stressing about ideas worth it, just to see Maddy smile. It is so fun to get to see her with her friends, see the smile on her face and how happy it makes her. And she is always so appreciative. This is our second year of doing it and I am so glad that Sheri thought of it! It really has been a great experience for both me and Maddy.


This is our second activity of the year - pedicures! I kind of cheated on this one because I didn't teach them anything but I thought it would be fun since it was the week before school started.

The finished product...
After, we went to lunch at the Olive Garden and celebrated with all the Moms. It was a great day and a fun way to end the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment