Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

I thought this little turkey was so cute! The little girl our whole family is in love with, Kailey Parkin, brought these to us the Sunday before Thanksgiving. Her mom is so creative!

For Thanksgiving this year, it was our year to go to the Oylers. This year we had everyone there except Jordan, Jodie, and Jaxson. Even Morgan and Josh were both home from their missions. As always, the meal was delicious. It was a great day and we all ate too much. After resting, we played games, including a mean game of Twister. My kids loved that!

I'm so thankful for all of the blessings I have in my life! They are too numerous to count. I want so badly for my children to understand the blessing of gratitude. As I age, I continue to learn how gratitude can change my life as it changes my perspective. If we focus on what we already have instead of what we don't or what we want, miracles can happen. We start to realize how blessed we are and it makes us want to be more. It makes us focus on the Savior who gave us everything and it makes us want to give back. That is the miracle of giving thanks~

No comments:

Post a Comment